Saturday, December 5, 2009

Friday, a list

1. A man on the train is hunched in the corner playing a hand-held video game. I should know the name, but don't. He wears that wilted look that children get while they watch TV. Every few minutes you can see a bit of muscle movement in his face which I interpret in the way I see fit. I can't tell if he wins after my view is obstructed by the pretty girl in the gold dress.

2. The cashier in the cafeteria is singing Nat King Cole's 'Unforgettable' to herself. It's nice.

3. Sickness gives me the right to buy expensive juices guiltlessly. Sadly, this rule does not apply to bad hair days.

4. Russian woman with the largest diamond I've ever seen. I always imagined that I'd be slightly delighted and beguiled during an encounter with a small fortune perched on a finger, but I only felt disgusted and suspicious. Purse says PRADA. Looks real. Case closed.

5. Little girl dressed in varying shades of pink is wearing a Ring Pop which keeps getting stuck in her hair. A ring of this size is much more flattering on her, I decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment