Monday, May 25, 2009

Goodies

This weekend included my uneventful 22nd birthday, spice cake, baked ham, and the scoring of wonderful treasures. 

Gifts included (among other things) a Janis Joplin three disc set (!!!), presented in a tie-dye tin; and a fall-colored apron. (Because baking in my light blue apron just doesn't do it for me around Thanksgiving.)

My favorite antique store held a flea market like they do around every major holiday in the warm months and I scored big time. The finds: a square-patterned afghan, a tea pot, and old postcards dating back to 1914 (they're beautiful). 

And finally, a gem from my past which I've been longing for lately: my "Robyn Is Here" album, circa 1997. I love this CD, always have, probably always will. It's perfect workout-in-the-summer-and-I'm-angry-because-it's-hot-maybe-this-will-cheer-me-up music. Maybe. I'll let you know.

Other weekend highlights: ridiculous pop music on a 3.5-hour drive home, singing at the top of our lungs, discovering my new love of swing dancing.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment