Thursday, April 9, 2009

Jets fall again, find solace in snack foods

Overall 0-2

Week 2
It was another hard week for everybody's favorite slow pitch softballers, who endured their second season loss, 5-4. But, considering the cold game day conditions and a slight lack of ability, we put on a hell of a show, excluding my new injury. 

I've aged. 

This was my sad realization as I hobbled down the baseline in the top of the first. One cold day + my out-of-shape muscles = a nice muscle strain in my right thigh. I'm currently on the slow pitch DL, but with some PT consultation from Dr. Katie (my accident-prone roommate), I'm expected to make a full comeback by next week's game. 

We may not have all the skills, but what we lack in talent we make up for in snacks. Two varieties of cookies and fresh fruit is victory enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment